* F268 1984 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Owned by Jim Gilmore of Gilmore/Foyt Racing
Mecum Auction, the high-performance and collector car auction specialists, are proud to offer 21 selected cars from the Bob McDorman Collection at the 2009 Mecum Kissimmee Auction, Jan. 22-24, 2009, in Kissimmee, Fla.
Bob McDorman is a noted General Motors collector who has a fabulous museum outside of Columbus, Ohio. From time to time, McDorman works through his extensive collection of nearly 300 cars, selling duplicates and making room for something even more unique. His collecting goal is to replace the rare with the ultra-rare.
The Bob McDorman collection offered by Mecum Auction at Kissimmee is made up of one-of-a-kind, low mileage, low serial number vehicles. Mecum also offers Indy 500 pace and Festival cars, a unique collection of celebrity Corvettes, and more as part of the collection. The entire collection may be viewed at www.mecum.com by clicking on the Kissimmee, Fla. Auction "List of Cars" link on the home page.
The Bob McDorman cars on sale include:
* F251 1950 Chevrolet Convertible
* F252 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Convertible
* F253 1953 Buick Skylark Hardtop - Only 1 of 1 made
* F254 1953 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 331 CI, Automatic
* F255 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible V-8, Automatic
* F256 1953 Oldsmobile Fiesta Convertible Olds Rocket V-8, Automatic
* F257 1967 Chevrolet El Camino Pickup 396 CI, Automatic
* F258 1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Special Chevrolet Color Test Car
* F259 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Next to the last C5 Corvette made
* F260 1998 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 1998 Model Year Pilot Car Serial Number 6
* F261 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 Convertible LT1 350 CI, Brickyard Pace Car
* F262 1997 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe LS1, 6-Speed Manual, VIN #007
* F263 1986 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 5.7L, Automatic
* F264 1987 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 350 CI, Automatic, 238 Actual Miles
* F265 1984 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 350 CI, Automatic, 781 Actual Miles
* F266 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Last C5 Convertible, 2,600 Actual Miles
* F267 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Coupe Pace Car Edition, 20 Actual Miles
* F269 2004 Chevrolet SSR Indy Festival Pickup Official Vehicle Used at Indy, 4,416 Miles * F270 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Indy Track Car #40
* F271 1990 GMC Sierra Classic Pickup SN 00001, 57 Actual Miles
As part of the 750 collector cars in the Kissimmee Auction, the vehicles are scheduled to be sold in sequence Friday evening, January 23, 2009. The general public is welcome, with tickets available at the door for $10. For more information, visit www.Mecum.com.
The Kissimmee Auction will be broadcast live on Mecum's popular television series, "Mecum Auto Auction: Muscle Cars & More," which returns for the 2009 season on HD Theater - A Discovery Company.
The Mecum Auction Company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars, muscle cars and Corvettes for more than 20 years. In spring 2008, the company sold its 50,000th car. Consignment, Bidder, event and accommodation information is available online at www.Mecum.com or by calling 815.568.8888.
Kissimmee, Fla. Auction
Jan. 22-24, 2009
Vehicle check-in: Tuesday & Wednesday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Preview: Gates open Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 9 a.m.
Auction: Thursday - 2 p.m.
Friday - 10 a.m.
Saturday - 10 a.m.